“Must Have” Ingredients
- 8 White Corn Tortillas
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 can of refried beans (fat free)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (could use vegan cheese if prefer)
Protein Possibilities (Choose 1 or skip the protein)
- Browned, ground turkey (seasoned with taco seasoning)
- Browned, ground beef (seasoned with taco seasoning)
- Browned, ground tofu (seasoned with taco seasoning)
- Salsa or Pico de Gallo
- Dollop of plain Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lay tortillas out on 1 or 2 cookie sheets and spray with cooking spray. Bake for 5-10 mins., watching closely. When tortillas begin to brown or crisp SLIGHTLY, flip and bake for additional 5 mins. Remove from oven when reached desired crispiness. Top each tortilla with 1-2 Tbsp. of refried beans, a sprinkle of your protein of choice if you choose to add that and then cheese if you desire. Place in oven for 5 mins or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven, top with whatever you choose and enjoy!!
** My kids loved these with just beans, turkey or chicken and cheese (my older one loved cilantro as well)
** I thoroughly enjoyed the leftovers topped with an over easy egg for breakfast!