*** 21 Day Fix Approved! ***
3 Large Bell Peppers (Color of Choice), halved & de-seeded
2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 oz. mushrooms, sliced (may sub. Zucchini)
½ red bell pepper, diced
1 tsp. Montreal steak seasoning (recipe below if you don’t have it on hand)
¼ tsp cracked pepper
¼ tsp sea salt
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1.5 lbs. flat iron or flank steak, thinly sliced
1.5 tsp Worcestershire sauce
6 slices Provolone Cheese (or cheese of choice), sliced in half
2-3 Tbsp. Panko bread crumbs (**optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° and spray 8×8 baking dish w/ olive oil
- Bring pot of water to bowl and then bowl halved peppers for 3-5 mins.
- Place face down on paper towel to remove excess water
- In large skillet, heat olive oil on medium. Add garlic, onions, mushrooms, chopped red pepper, salt & pepper. Saute 4-5 mins. until onions are translucent
- Season sliced steak with Montreal seasoning and add to skillet along with Worcestershire and cook until meat is cooked to your liking.
- Place peppers open-side up in baking dish and place a ½ slice of cheese in the bottom of each pepper, fill each pepper with meat mixture and then top each with another ½ slice of cheese
- Bake in oven for 10 mins. Until cheese is melty (Can sprinkle with Panko 2 mins. Before finished cooking)
- These work well to make ahead!!
Container counts: 1 Stuffed Pepper = 1 Green, 1 Red, 1 blue and 1 tsp.
*Recipe revised from fitmomangelad.com
1 Tbsp. Black Pepper
1 Tbsp. Paprika
1 Tbsp. Sea Salt
½ Tbsp. Garlic Powder
½ Tbsp. Onion Powder
½ tsp. Red Pepper flakes
½ Tbsp. Coriander
½ Tbsp. Dill Seeds
Combine and store in airtight container for up to 6 mo.’s